- How do I become a member?
- How long will it take for my membership to be processed?
Your online application is processed almost immediately. You will receive a confirmation email showing your membership ID number along with additional information to help you start using your benefits immediately. If you submit your application via mail, it can take 1–2 weeks for processing.
- Who is the who of AALU?
- Can I change or update the information in my AALU record without calling the Membership Department?
Yes. To change or update your AALU member information log in to AALU.ORG. Then click on “My AALU”, then “My Account”
- How can I become more involved?
- I am retiring. Do I need to notify AALU?
Yes, please. You can email Natalie Horton at Horton@aalu.org or call (703) 641-9400 to make any necessary changes to your membership.
- Does AALU offer any programs for younger professional members?
Yes. AALU has developed a membership tier for young professionals under the age of 40 called the AALU Access Program. To join AALU as an Access Member, please click here.
- Cancellation and Refund Policy
AALU membership dues are not refundable. However, your remaining membership will continue through your paid term. Please note that all cancellation request must be made in writing via email to Horton@aalu.org.
- Are AALU Membership Dues Tax Deductible?
AALU membership dues are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. They may be tax deductible as ordinary and necessary business expenses subject to restrictions imposed as a result of the AALU lobbying activities. AALU estimates that 25% of your dues are nondeductible due to lobbying activities.
If you have any questions, please contact our Member Relations Coordinator, Natalie Horton, (703) 641-8127.