Reports to: Director of Meetings & Events
Job Summary: The Coordinator of Meetings & Events will support the Director of Meetings & Events. Helping in the development and execution of all conferences, meetings and events. We are looking for someone who is excited about the event industry, has a can-do attitude and values customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist director of meetings and events and other staff in conference and meeting coordination, focusing primarily on meeting logistics
- Assume primary responsibility for event signage orders and proofing, staff and speaker housing and transportation management, shipping materials, tracking and inventory of all conference shipments, inventory and ordering of conference supplies, on-site room setup for handouts and materials, and other responsibilities, as assigned
- Act as key staff contact for conference registrations and activities for all AALU Meetings and Events.
- Update and maintain attendee resources and agenda webpages, conference apps and internal program matrices, as assigned
- Manage and execute communication with speakers, once confirmed, and manage their needs including: audiovisual requirements, hotel accommodations, and collection of speaker presentation and materials
- Create and distribute conference surveys for all meeting and maintain results with conference statistics for future planning
- Assist and manage AALU Board Meeting with meeting venue sourcing, private dinner venue sourcing, catering orders, signage and meeting material orders
- Provide general support to the organization to include: conference mailings, proofreading, data entry, internet research, and other activities, as assigned
- Review invoices for accuracy and approve for payment
- Attend AALU events and perform duties as assigned
- Perform other duties/special projects as assigned
Other duties as assigned: (Identify non-primary activities that the staff person may be asked to assist with throughout the year)
- Serve as a vital member of the member services team, provide additional support as needed
- Financial management, project management, collaboration skills, strong attention to detail, solid problem-solving skills. Creative, willing to think outside of the box
Skills & Experience
- Four (4) year college degree required
- 1-2 years related work experience preferred
- Meet deadlines, manage time well and perform job responsibilities without constant supervision
- Professional demeanor and comfortable working with top level executives, internal customers and vendors
- Ability to problem-solve, manage crisis situations effectively and maintain composure under pressure
- Strong customer service mentality with a proactive and positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Exceptional attention to detail, quality and accuracy
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Proficiency with standard desktop software including all Microsoft Office programs
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full time, exempt position with salary commensurate with experience. We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a flexible spending account, 401k plan and organizational match of up to 5% of your annual salary, profit sharing plan, paid vacation, personal, and sick leave, ten paid holidays per year, etc. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome new and diverse people who can strengthen our team.
Please make the position you are applying for the subject line.