Job Summary: The Director of Content will be responsible for managing the strategy, development, implementation, and evaluation of AALU’s content through various platforms. He or she will drive development of content to diverse audience groups from ideation through execution, whether on social, web, video, or print content projects to advance AALU’s mission.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and implement a content & editorial strategy, identifying existing and potential audience characteristics for various platformsExecute content strategy to engage those audiences viavarious content types (emails, webinars, podcasts, videos, etc); and track and utilize analytics to increase engagement
- Develop a process to source and curate content, including interviews, podcasts, videos, webinars, etc, andfacilitate the creation and distribution of that content for the members
- Oversee Professional Development committee for the annual meeting to source the most relevant content tracks and breakout sessions
- Liaise with Assistant Director of Visual Branding to ensure brand consistency
- Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic
- Draft, edit and disseminate newsletters, action alerts and other email-based outreach to constituents, tracking and optimizing distribution
- Work closely with communications and business development teams on shared digital properties and strategies; collaborate with marketing and design teams to plan and develop site content, style and layout
- Ensure compliance with law (e.g. copyright and data protection)
- Optimize content for maximum SEO value
Skills & Experience
- Five or more years of communications and/or digital engagement experience
- Hands on experience with MS Office
- Superb writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience using multimedia, such as video and graphics, to enhance digital and social content
- Experience creating and executing digital strategies to engage audiences and move them to action to advance organizational objectives
- A keen understanding of how to optimize content for various digital and social media channels to reach specific audience segments
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience creating podcasts (using programs such as GarageBand, LogicPro, etc) and/or photo & video editing (using programs like Photoshop or Final Cut Pro) a Plus.
- Experience with WordPress a Plus
- College degree in Marketing, communications, or relevant field. Advanced Degree, or equivalent skills and experience preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full time, exempt position with salary commensurate with experience. We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a flexible spending account, 401k plan and organizational match of up to 5% of your annual salary, profit sharing plan, paid vacation, personal, and sick leave, ten paid holidays per year, etc. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome new and diverse people who can strengthen our team.
Please make the position you are applying for the subject line.