Seniority Level: Entry Level
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Assistant Vice President of Political Affairs
- Written & Verbal Communication
Job Description: Grassroots professional who assists the Political Affairs team in coordinating and executing AALU’s political activities. Coordinator will be responsible for a grassroots portfolio including political fundraising and the coordination of legislative meetings. Will be the primary data entry specialist on the team, will manage all internal and external calls/meetings, administer the AALU PAC and will be the logistics lead all political events both in D.C. and across the country. Will play a key role in monitoring political/legislative developments and communicating them to AALU members. Will help plan and execute AALU’s fly-ins, political trainings and in-district efforts. Other projects as necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execution of AALU’s Ambassador program including political fundraising and legislative meetings
- Recruitment and development of new AALU Ambassadors
- Utilizing the database to record all political activities including contributions, legislative meetings, engagement plans and ensuring accurate and thorough records are kept
- Working with other members of the Political Affairs team to increase member awareness of AALU’s political programs through membership communication pieces, website materials, AALU meetings and events, etc.
- Managing of fundraising event details (tracking pledges, attendees, draft agenda, materials, catering, )
- Coordination and scheduling of all internal/external meetings and calls
- Production of internal team reports for weekly emails, monthly meetings and presentations)
- Co-managing the activities of the AALU PAC (managing internal check requests, cutting checks, tracking disbursements, preparation of FEC reports, etc.)
- Other duties as required
Skills & Experience:
- 1-3 years’ work experience, preferably on the hill, political fundraising, or campaign setting
- Knowledge of legislative process
- Basic knowledge of and experience with campaigns or political action committees preferred
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail is a must
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full time, exempt position with salary commensurate with experience. We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a flexible spending account, 401k plan and organizational match of up to 5% of your annual salary, profit sharing plan, paid vacation, personal, and sick leave, ten paid holidays per year, etc. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome new and diverse people who can strengthen our team.
Please make the position you are applying for the subject line.