Reports to: Senior Vice President of Business Development
Seniority Level: Entry Level
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Summary: Provide high-level administrative support to the SVP Business Development & Marketing as well as members of the Corporate Sales Team. Play an integral role in the administration of business development both operationally and in terms of the development of marketing materials.
The duties are varied and split between 1) administrative duties including general coordination between the Sales, Member Services, Communications and Government Affairs teams, 2) sales and marketing interactions to coordinate sales pipeline.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing the schedules and handling of administrative tasks for the Senior Vice President of Business Development & Marketing, as well as the AVP of Corporate Services including but not limited to creating and managing department budgets, updating SalesForce, meeting prep, and drafting copy for presentations, marketing materials, and newsletters.
- Control and coordinate the sales calendar and sales functions. This involves compiling and directing a daily / weekly schedule for the Senior Vice President of Business Development & Marketing, prioritizing to ensure preparedness and opportunity for growth.
- Conducting research by compiling data in order to support business development function in internal meetings, industry meetings and formal presentations.
- Would have periodic participation in meetings in order to understand the topics of discussion and to record follow-up items.
- With a growing understanding of the business, the Marketing Coordinator would be expected to occasionally represent the Senior Vice President of Business Development & Marketing or the AVP of Corporate Services as a proxy, attending all staff meetings for on-going central coordination.
- Coordinate and schedule internal and external meetings such as web-ex and conference calls, prepare and participate in bi-weekly sales team conference calls/meetings and arrange logistics for industry meetings and AALU’s annual meeting.
- Prepare data and presentations as needed.
Sales & Marketing
- Pipeline Management: Administer the sales pipeline and collate weekly updates. Analyze and summarize key opportunities and lend support to the Corporate Sales Team.
- This function includes event planning and coordination for AALU’s annual meeting. Active involvement and participation in the agenda to ensure we are meeting the sales and training needs of the organization.
- Social media: Participate as a team member on evolving social media initiatives. Work in concert with Communications team to coordinate and implement various campaigns; serve as the point of contact for lead follow-up on web inquiries and other lead management.
- Develop and lead the follow-up email to all account service and business development interactions.
- Develop a set of regular communication emails to update internal departments.
- Serve in a supporting role to develop and execute marketing programs that will increase demand and drive revenue.
- Impact sales results by supporting and executing internal activities related to the sales process (researching leads, drafting outreach, scheduling, managing follow-up, etc.).
- Streamlining and coordination of concentrated interaction during industry meetings
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time without notice, as determined by business needs.
Skills & Experience
- 1-2 year’s experience or training in marketing, administration or sales preferred, but willing to make exceptions for the right candidate
- A high degree of energy and efficiency, strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage and meet deadlines.
- Experience in customer service or other people-oriented fields desired
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work independently and contribute in a team environment
- Desire to succeed
- Experience in Adobe’s Creative Suite considered a plus
- College degree, or equivalent skills and experience preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full time, exempt position with salary commensurate with experience. We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a flexible spending account, 401k plan and organizational match of up to 5% of your annual salary, profit sharing plan, paid vacation, personal, and sick leave, ten paid holidays per year, etc. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome new and diverse people who can strengthen our team.
Please make the position you are applying for the subject line.