Reports to: Assistant Vice President of Membership
Job Summary: The Membership Sales Manager is goal-oriented, self-motivated, and ambitious. They will be responsible for membership and revenue growth of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Recruit new members through a robust self-developed membership prospect pipeline
- Develop and prioritize leads from a variety of sources
- Establish relationships in non-traditional markets for purposes of recruiting new members
- Maintain recruiting contacts within key carriers and producer groups to help ensure successful solicitation drives
- Develop and utilize AALU member key contacts for assistance in the solicitation process outside of the recruiting teams
- Attend industry & company events to build relationships/recruit new members
- Coordinate with other departments to develop and qualify leads
- Assist in member retention
- Provide insight into the views of prospects and new members for purposes of product/service development, analysis and planning
Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in recruiting or sales
- Results-oriented, focused on delivering results, and relentless commitment to win
- Demonstrated success in membership recruiting or sales
- Strong sales process knowledge and ability to run effective, efficient sales process
- Excellent client relationship management skills including influencing and building relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including senior management.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to a broad audience
- A keen understanding of the life insurance industry or advocacy
- Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform persistent follow up
- Cold calling experience
- Proven ability to maintain a lead generation and sales pipeline
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRMs used to manage pipeline and other sales lifecycle efforts
- A high degree of energy and efficiency, strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and contribute in a team environment
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full time, exempt position with salary commensurate with experience. We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a flexible spending account, 401k plan and organizational match of up to 5% of your annual salary, profit sharing plan, paid vacation, personal, and sick leave, ten paid holidays per year, etc. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome new and diverse people who can strengthen our team.
Please make the position you are applying for the subject line.