Reports to: Senior Vice President of Business Development
Job Summary: The Assistant Vice President of Corporate Sales is responsible for the development and relationship management activities for a portfolio of corporate partners that engage in advocacy and professional development programs that enhance their companies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grow our corporate partner program by conducting sales meetings with senior level executives, customizing marketing presentations and proposals to meet existing and prospective client needs.
- Successfully oversee an existing book of business to achieve and ideally exceed goals in line with expectations set by senior leadership both on quarterly and annual basis.
- Manage a pipeline of 10-15 prospects through full sales life cycle, to close. You will use your skills in evaluation and negotiation to close opportunities and achieve established goals.
- Collaborate across organizational departments to ensure the corporate services program develops a holistic revenue and customer relationship strategy for each contributor and new prospect.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of current and future client needs in the context of market dynamics and apply insights to recommend short and/or long-term value creation for the client at C-levels and executives that has the appropriate level of impact.
- Ensure the appropriate recognition of contributors through current AALU, publications, web sites, the Annual Meeting and other communication channels.
- Leverage the firm’s existing retirement security industry relationships and cultivate new relationships to develop new clients and expand existing client relationships.
- Maintain strong relationships with C-level contacts on down with all corporate partners.
- Develop and instill best practices within the Corporate Partnership program.
- Manage quarterly corporate calls and monthly conference calls.
- Serve as a thought leader within the industry to assist in building the AALU brand.
- Communicate regularly with the clients to evaluate satisfaction.
Skills & Experience:
- Five or more years of experience in corporate sales and services
- Strong sales process knowledge and ability to run effective, efficient sales process
- Comprehensive understanding of relationship building and strong client services skills
- A keen understanding of the life insurance and annuities industry or advocacy
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRMs used to manage pipeline and other sales lifecycle efforts
- Effective multi-tasker, ability to work independently
- A high degree of energy and efficiency, strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage and meet deadlines
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work independently and contribute in a team environment
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full time, exempt position with salary commensurate with experience. We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a flexible spending account, 401k plan and organizational match of up to 5% of your annual salary, profit sharing plan, paid vacation, personal, and sick leave, ten paid holidays per year, etc. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome new and diverse people who can strengthen our team.
Please make the position you are applying for the subject line.